We use cookies on this site to enhance your user experience. Do You agree?

Read more

General zone

In the case of documents in foreign languages, the applicant shall provide a sworn translation into Polish. The exception is the procedure for the rector’s scholarship. In the case of this procedure, it is allowed to submit documents in foreign languages, but the competent scholarship authority may request the applicant to submit a translation of a document in a language other than English within a specified time limit.

  • The scholarship for persons with disabilities, the rector’s scholarship and the grant may be receive to a foreign student, if he or she meets the conditions necessary for granting benefits specified in the Act and the Regulations.
  • A social scholarship may be granted to a foreign student under the terms of the Act and the Regulations, provided that he/she meets at least one of the following conditions:
    • has been granted a permanent or long-term resident’s European Union residence permit;
    • was granted a temporary residence permi
    • has the refugee status granted in the Republic of Poland or enjoys temporary protection or subsidiary protection on the territory of the Republic of Poland;
    • has a certificate confirming knowledge of Polish as a foreign language, at least at the C1 language proficiency level;
    • has a Polish Card (Karta Polaka)
    • was issued a decision confirming his Polish origin;
    • is a spouse, ascendant or descendant of a citizen of the Republic of Poland, residing in the territory of the Republic of Poland;
    • has been granted a temporary residence permit or is staying in the territory of the Republic of Poland in connection with the short-term mobility of a researcher or has a national visa for the purpose of conducting research or development work.

More informations: Jesteś obcokrajowcem? Sprawdź do jakich świadczeń masz prawo!

In the 2023/2024 academic year:

Certificates for visas are issued only on Fridays. The need for a certificate must be submitted by Thursday noon in order to receive the certificate on the Friday. Informing the office about the need to issue a certificate after 12:00 on Thursday means that the certificate will be issued the following Friday.

Certificates will be sent by email in Polish and English versions. The certificates are electronically signed.

For those who need to receive a certificate for a visa, please contact us by e-mail (bpm@uw.edu.pl) – please write “Certificate for visa” in the title of the message. Please include your index number in the body of the email.

Note! If you are already living in a dormitory and would like to obtain a certificate of residence, please contact the administration of your dormitory.