A few words about the Minister's scholarship
Granting minister’s scholarships for students is governed by the following provisions:
- art. 93 sec. 1-3, art. 359, art. 361 and art. 363 point 1 of the Act of July 20, 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2021, items 478, 619)
- Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of April 1, 2019 on scholarships of the minister responsible for higher education and science for students and outstanding young scientists (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 725).
- Regulation of the Minister of Education and Science of 30 August 2021 amending the regulation on scholarships of the minister responsible for higher education and science for students and outstanding young scientists (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 1637). the rector of the university, who by 25 October 2021 should submit student applications to the ministry only through the Integrated System of Services for Science System of Financial Streams (ZSUN/OSF system). After this date, the ZSUN / OSF system will automatically close the call for applications.
Details about the scholarship [only in Polish]
Who can apply for the Minister's Scholarship?
The Minister’s scholarship may be awarded to a student who demonstrates:
- significant academic or artistic achievements related to studies
- significant sports achievements.
A student studying simultaneously in several fields of study may receive a scholarship only in one field of study indicated by him/her.
The Minister’s scholarship is available for first-cycle studies, second-cycle studies and uniform master’s studies.
A student is not entitled to the scholarship:
- if six years have elapsed since he/she began his/her studies,
- having a professional degree:
- master’s degree, master’s degree in engineering or equivalent,
- bachelor’s degree, engineer’s degree or equivalent, if he/she resumes first degree studies
When can I apply for a Minister's scholarship?
For the 2023/2024 academic year, University of Warsaw male and female students can apply to our office until 16 October 2023, and can complete their application no later than 18 October 2023. After this date, applications will be blocked for technical review and possible comments.
Applications that are sent by a route other than through the ZSUN/OSF system (e.g., in paper form via snail mail or via the ePUAP platform) will not be considered.
[Application schedule for the Ministerial Scholarship in the 2023/2024 academic year].
- 1 October: Application for the Minister’s Scholarship will begin. A day later (Monday), the creation of accounts and applications in the OSF portal will begin.
- 16 October: Completion of the creation of new accounts/applications in the OSF portal (you can apply for the Minister’s Scholarship until 4:00 pm).
- 18 October: End of editing applications (you must complete your application by this date).
- 18-19 October: During these days, applications will be blocked to check them technically. If there are any errors, you will be informed about them at this stage and you will be able to make a correction to your application.
- 22 October: Final approval of applications and preparation of them for signature by the JM Rector.
- Applications for the Minister’s Scholarship will be immediately signed and forwarded via OSF to the Ministry of Education and Science by 25 October.
How do I apply for a Minister's scholarship?
Applications are submitted via the Integrated System of Services for Science, Handling of Financing Streams (ZSUN / OSF system). Each student who plans to submit an application for a minister’s scholarship (not to be confused with the rector’s scholarship) independently completes and submits such an application in the OSF system, after reporting to the Material Aid Office in order to obtain access to this system (login and password). Students who already have accounts in the ZSUN / OSF system must also apply for a new account.
To set up an account, a student should make such a request by sending an email from the UW domain to email@example.com by 16 October 2023, stating in the request his/her name, album (index) number and the full name of the faculty from which he/she is applying for a Ministerial Scholarship. If you have an OSF login, be sure to include it in the above application.
Pursuant to § 3 sec. 3 of the ordinance No. 279 of the Rector of the University of Warsaw of 10 December 2020 on the e-mail of the University of Warsaw, the message may be left unanswered and recognized, unless the message is sent from the e-mail address associated with the University of Warsaw.
The Student Welfare and Support Office will send the login details to each student according to the timing of the e-mail.
After completing the application, please let us know (in the same thread where you previously wrote about your login details).
Period from which achievements can be reported in the application
Only the achievements obtained by 30 September 2023 may be presented in the application. They must be the achievements obtained during the studies, so:
- in the case of a student of first-cycle or long-cycle studies – from the date of commencement of these studies
- in the case of a second-cycle student – from the date of commencement of the first-cycle studies preceding the second-cycle studies
In the case of previous minister’s scholarship holders, the application may only include achievements obtained from October 1 of the academic year in which the student was awarded the last minister’s scholarship.
The application must not show any achievements obtained during leaves from classes or other breaks granted in accordance with the study regulations.
Minister's scholarship in numbers
The Minister may award a maximum of 840 scholarships.
The amount of the scholarship is PLN 17,000.