Scholarship to Start – Rector’s Fund [UPDATED]
[The entry will be updated]
From the academic year 2022/2023, the University of Warsaw is offering a „Scholarships to Start” from the Rector’s Scholarship Fund. It is addresed to the most talented students and doctoral candidate who have been admitted in a given academic year to the university or doctoral school.
The program provides for three types of scholarships:
1) “Scholarship to Start for Olympians” – addresed to students in the first year of first-cycle studies or long second cycle who are winners of subject contests and who, in the recruitment procedure for studies, obtained the maximum number of points on the basis of their title of winner of a subject contests.
2) “Scholarship to Start for Athletes” – addresed to students in the first year of first-cycle, second-cycle or long second cycle and first year doctoral candidate at the doctoral school, who are outstanding athletes with the status of medalist of the Polish Championships or finalist of the Olympics, World or European Championships, and in the case of students – who have the right to obtain the Rector’s scholarship in the academic year in which they apply for the “Scholarship to Start”
3) “Scholarship to Start for Doctoral Candidates” – addresed to first year doctoral candidates at a doctoral school who have achieved in the admissions procedure a point score that is in the top 20% of the results in a given discipline or within the educational program at a given doctoral school.
How to apply?
Persons who want to apply for the Scholarship to Start must complete the application. In the application, you need to fill in:
– Type of scholarship Start (for Olympians, for Athletes, for Doctoral Candidates)
– Pesel (or passport) number
– Telephone number
– Description of the achievements that form the basis for applying for the scholarship
– Account number
– The name of the field of study in which the student is educated or the name of the scientific discipline Or the program of study in which the doctoral student is studying
– Teaching unit or doctoral school
– Handwritten signature
After completing the application, it must be delivered (with attachments confirming the given achievement – the exception are persons applying for the Scholarship to Start for Doctoral Candidates) to our office until February 10, 2023. The application can be delivered:
- in person at the our office (daily);
- via the General Office (Auditorium Maximum building on the Main Campus of the University of Warsaw, room 2, Mon-Fri: 8.00-14.30; with the note Biuro ds. Pomocy Materialnej);
- by sending a letter by regular mail (the letter must arrive by February 6);
- via the ePUAP system;
- by e-mail (this option is allowed only in the case of an electronically signed application).
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
How much is the scholarship?
The amount of the scholarship will be published after the application stage is over. The scholarship is awarded for 12 months and will be paid in a single payment within 30 days from the date of award.
If you have any questions, write to: email@example.com. Don’t wait!
[UPDATED 10 February]
The application process for those recruiting for second degree programmes for the summer term will run from 27 February to 13 March.
[UPDATED 26 April]
By the decision of Rector Alojzy Z. Nowak, the Scholarship to Start in the academic year 2022/2023 will be:
- Scholarship to Start for Olympians – PLN 12,000 net,
- Scholarship to Start for Athletes – PLN 12,000 net,
- Scholarship to Start for Doctoral Candidates – PLN 18,000 net.
The total number of winners was 171. Congratulations to all of them.
[UPDATED 15 May]