Increasing the PhD scholarship
A few words about increasing the PhD scholarship
Increasing the doctoral scholarship is awarded in the form of a competition procedure, in which the documented achievements indicated by the doctoral student in the application for increasing the doctoral scholarship, submitted in the form and within the time limit specified by the Rector, are assessed. Increasing the doctoral scholarship from the pro-quality subsidy is granted to doctoral students who excel in their scientific and didactic work.
Where does the increase in the PhD scholarship come from?
Funds for increasing the doctoral scholarship come from the state budget. The minimum amount of increasing the doctoral scholarship is PLN 800. A doctoral student participating in the “Implementation doctorate” program, who receives a doctoral scholarship under it, may not receive a scholarship.
Who can apply for an increase in the PhD scholarship?
The following may apply to increase the doctoral scholarship:
- participants of full-time doctoral studies,
- PhD students extending the period of doctoral studies, on vacation or after returning from vacation,
- PhD students who meet the criteria for distinguishing themselves in research and teaching.
When can I apply to increase my PhD scholarship?
The Rector determines, for a given academic year, the form and deadlines for submitting applications for an increase in the doctoral scholarship and their evaluation by doctoral committees applicable to a given organizational unit of the University conducting doctoral studies. It is customary to apply for an increase in the doctoral scholarship in the period September-October of a given academic year.
How to get an increase in PhD scholarship?
To obtain the benefit:
- complete and submit an application for a scholarship in electronic form, available on the USOSweb.uw.edu.pl website in the For all> Applications tab;
- upload attachments confirming scientific and didactic achievements to the website;
it is allowed to document the achievements indicated in the application by means of photocopies or electronic documents or scans, also in foreign languages (the doctoral student committee may request the doctoral student to submit a translation of a document drawn up in a language other than English within a specified time limit),
- it should be remembered that only the achievements obtained in the academic year preceding the academic year for which the increase of the doctoral scholarship is to be granted are subject to assessment (in particularly justified cases, at the request of the head of doctoral studies, the Rector may consent to the assessment of the achievements of doctoral students who are on a given ranking list , from a different period, but it must be equal to 12 months),
- finalize the application procedure within the deadline set by the Rector.
Increasing the PhD scholarship in numbers
up to 30% of doctoral students at a given Faculty and year of study may obtain a scholarship. The number of doctoral students in each year of doctoral studies is determined on the final application submission date set by the Rector for a given organizational unit of the University of Warsaw.
The increase in doctoral scholarship is granted for a period of 12 months and is paid monthly.
Payment deadlines for increasing PhD scholarship
- November 10, 2021
- December 10, 2021
- January 10, 2022
- February 10, 2022
- March 10, 2022
- April 11, 2022
- May 10, 2022
- June 10, 2022
- July 11, 2022
- August 10, 2022
- September 9, 2022
Glossary of terms
Detailed rules for assessing applications for an increase in doctoral scholarship – a set of rules defining achievements that are recognized under individual criteria. The document is prepared by the doctoral committee of a given organizational unit of the University of Warsaw in consultation with the competent body of doctoral students’ self-government.
Distinguishing yourself in scientific work – a catalog of achievements recognized by the doctoral committee, included in the Detailed Rules for Assessing Applications for Increasing the Doctoral Scholarship.
Distinguishing yourself in teaching – a catalog of achievements recognized by the doctoral committee, included in the Detailed Rules for Assessing Applications for Increasing the Doctoral Scholarship.
Doctoral Committee – a body operating within a given organizational unit of the University of Warsaw, which assesses applications for a scholarship. The commission is composed of at least three members appointed from among academic teachers working in an organizational unit of the University, holding at least a habilitated doctor degree, including the head of doctoral studies who acts as chairman of the commission, and no more than five doctoral students delegated by the competent a body of doctoral students’ self-government. The doctoral commission is appointed by the Rector of the University of Warsaw.